21 Nov 2016
ACS Life-Saving Tips!
They say (whoever they are) that it takes 2 weeks of using a new skill to really remember it
and utilise it every day- so we've put together some of our favourite time-saving and useful
tricks and tips. Hopefully within 2 weeks you could be saving tons of time!
• Alt + TAB - Switch between windows
• Alt + F4 - Close program
• Ctrl + S - Save document
• F5 - webpage refresh
• Ctrl + F5 - webpage hard refresh
• Ctrl + shift + T- reopen closed tab (ACS office favourite for accidental closures!)
• Ctrl + shift + I - Highlight your words you want to make italic
• Ctrl + shift + B - Highlight your words you want to make bold
• Ctrl + shift + A - Feel like your shouting when you accidentally type in caps??
Don't worry and definitely don't reach for that delete button
Work Life Savers
• Are your jobs and deadlines lost in piles of paper and emails? Make it simple and use Trello to organise and Prioritise your workload- sign up for free here
• Forgotten your password but your computer remembers it? If you need to give it out go to your login
page and right click the password box and inspect element, Find the line that starts
with "input type=password", then change the word "password" to "text", and you will see your password.
• The Stayfocusd extension on Chrome is handy for those that are easily distracted as you can limit yourself to
the amount of time you spend on certain sites For example, stop procrastination on Facebook or other social
media sites by allowing yourself just 30 mins.
Leisure Life Savers
• Press K or Spacebar when you need to pause
• Waiting for adverts taking up your precious time?
Install Adblock (on Chrome only) and
watch those YouTube Videos ad-free!
• Struggling for a colour scheme? Try
• Struggling for ideas for dinner? Type what you have in the fridge and see a list of recipes.
There is a number of apps available or try here
Leave a comment...